If you ever planned on going online, you know that the ecommerce platform choices can be mind-blowing. Here is how to find the best ecommerce solutions provider (Shopify Plus vs BigCommerce) in the UK based on user requirements!
There are thousands of ecommerce solutions providers out there, but the ultimate choice comes down to two options Shopify and BigCommerce.
Starting your own online store from scratch is expensive and absolutely necessary. Thanks to the top-notch platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce you can build your own UK online store in a matter of minutes.
The difficulty lies in the process of choosing between these two options. So, instead of wasting your time by comparing these two platforms only to discover that they are pretty similar with a few key differences, why not consider your needs and requirements first.
At the end of the day, you as a merchant has a list of requirements and your goal is to satisfy those requirements. Here are a few examples of UK business owners’ requirements:
- Highly customizable and templated designs
- Search optimized architecture (have the flexibility to change everything that is related to SEO)
- Mobile accessible (having a mobile app is a huge advantage)
- Catalog distributed through eBay and shopping engines
- Integrated with social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram
- Credit card, PayPal, and other payment gateways
- Gift certificates, discounts, shipping deals, coupons, and etc.
- Product options, comments, reviews
- Inventory and return management
- Tax management
- Site search
- Email marketing integration and CRM
- Recommendation intelligence
- Account integrations
- Affiliate tracking
These are a few examples of the common requirements the UK business owners have. We assume you have your own unique needs and specifications.
Take a moment to figure out exactly who offers the things you want and at what cost, which of the features you want are built-in, which features are not offered and why, what is part of their platform, and etc.
Shopify and BigCommerce are two of the best and most popular ecommerce solutions. In terms of design, Shopify has customizable email templates while none of the platforms have a web-based control panel.
Shopify comes with edit 301 redirects, H1 tags, SEO-friendly URLs, custom image alt text, comparison shopping sites, and Facebook Like option. BigCommerce offers the same options.
With both platforms, you can sell on Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay. There is an order management system, custom checkout fields, and guest checkout options.
Write down your own list of requirements and choose the best ecommerce solutions provider for your UK store!